Monday, January 27, 2014

KALE CHIPS

Kale chips are so so so good, and they are really good for you too (I believe they qualify as a "super food" whatever that means). They are easy to make, crunchy, salty, and satisfying. Here it is!

Preheat oven to 350. 


Cut the bottom off. I saved it and used it in the vegetable broth I made--that post is below this one!


Rip the leaves off the stalks. 


Rinse!


Dry. If you have a salad spinner....I'm jealous. 


Drizzle with llive oil and toss them around so they get evenly coated. 


Sprinkle on some kosher salt. You really don't need much at all--maybe a teaspoon for the whole batch. Both times I've made this it has been too salty...which I didn't even know could be a thing. 


Looks good! Pop it in the oven at 350 for about 15 mns, or until it gets crispy. 


Delicious! Enjoy it with a beer, because you're worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment