Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baked buffalo chicken strips

I have a slight obsession with buffalo sauce. I didn't even realize I liked it until a year ago so now I'm just making up for a lifetime of no buffalo sauce. These chicken strips are super good and not as unhealthy as fried ones, or so I like to tell myself....the jury is still out.

Ingredients:

1. chicken cutlets/tenderloins
2. buffalo sauce (my recipe is posted on this blog, a week ago or so, but its just hot sauce, butter, and lime juice)
3. 1 egg
4. 1 cup flour
5. 1 cup panko bread crumbs

preheat oven to 400. 


crack an egg in a bowl and put some regular hot sauce in there. 


whisk it up. 


Put some bread crumbs in one bowl and flour in another. 


1. coat the chicken in the flour...


2. then in the hot sauce/egg mix...


3. then give it a roll in the bread crumbs. 


put them on a greased oven tray. 


bake at 400 for 15 mns. After ten minutes, you can splash some hot sauce right on them, then let them continue to cook. this will up the buff factor. 


yum!


serve it with your buffalo sauce mixture. 


for extra flavor, marinate the chicken in the buffalo sauce for an hour or two before you begin the recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment