Thursday, January 16, 2014

Baked Ziti with Salami

So I've been on a sopranos kick and one of my favorite lines was when someone told AJ his grandma wasn't coming to dinner. He goes, "so what, no f------ ziti?"

I decided I needed to try my hand at ziti. Here it is!

Ingredients: 

1. one box of ziti pasta
2. one jar of tomato sauce/marinara sauce
3. one container of ricotta cheese
4. fresh grated romano
5. any other cheese you like
6. two eggs
7. garlic/onion or shallot
8. olive oil




Ignore the tomatoes. I didn't use them because I'm a cheater.


Boil some water for your pasta. 


While you wait for that, grate up your cheese! (leave the romano whole, grate the other kinds)



I added some brie into my cheese because I like brie. 


Draine your pasta....


and rinse it! This washes off the starches that will make the noodles stick together. 


Mince up some garlic...


and some shallot. 


Now dump in the ricotta and mix it up. 


Then add salt and pepper. 


crack in two whole eggs and mix it up. 


Now, sweat the garlic and onion/shallot in some olive oil til they start to brown. 


While thats gettin goin, mix your pasta in the cheese and egg mix. 


Dump the jar of marinara sauce on there and mix. Then add the garlic/onion that you have sweating in the stove. 


Take your pan and spray it with some pam. 


Dump the pasta in. 



Put some salami on half. I left half without for my veggie friends. You can also layer the salami in the noodles for extra salami deliciousness. 
disclaimer: if i had green olives i would have chopped them up and added them in here as well. but as I get older I realize that most people don't like green olives. 



and MORE CHEESE. 


cover....


bake at 375 for 20 mns. 


LOOK AT THAT. 


its heavenly. Alex M. said so, and I agree. 



No comments:

Post a Comment