Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One Pan Stove-Top Chicken and Vegetables

Working full time at an office job has made me a very hard worker 8-10 hours of the day, and a lazy bum for the rest of the day. So I give you, one pan stove top chicken and vegetables! This meal can get old really quick if you make it too often, so mix it up with the seasonings and broth that you use. Today I did garlic powder and lemon pepper, but you can do cajun seasoning, rosemary/thyme, rosemary and lemon juice, fennel, curry, italian seasoning (pre mixed or use oregano, thyme, basil, pepper, rosemary, and marjoram)...the list goes on!

Ingredients:

1. Vegetables of your choice
2. Small chicken cutlets
3. olive oil
4. seasoning
5. whole wheat pasta

Get your chicken started in some oil. I added lemon pepper and garlic powder. 


While it cooks, cut up some vegetables. If you use asparagus, remember to cut off the bottom two inches. Then, split the stem at the bottom--this helps it cook better and will make it not so "stringy."


After the chicken cooks for about 6-7 mns, turn it over....


Then dump the veggies right on top. 


Cover it for a few minutes and let it cook!


Now, take the lid off and add some water, veggie broth, chicken broth, white wine...whatever you have. I did veggie broth. 


Let it cook a bit more. Enjoy some funyuns while you wait. 


When the veggies are tender, you can probably take it off the heat because realistically those little chicken cuts cook super quick. If you use full sized chicken breasts, they will probably take 15 mns or so--depending on thickness. 


I dumped this on top of whole wheat pasta. You might notice I forgot to chop up the chicken....like I said, I'm tired! 


and done!











No comments:

Post a Comment