Friday, February 14, 2014

Broiled Salmon with Dill

Alright, so this was my first attempt EVER at cooking salmon. It turned out pretty well, but Matt is too preoccupied with his new xbox 1 to tell me how it tastes....then again, he's still eating it!

I purchased sockeye salmon because it was the only thing kroger had that was wild caught. I prefer not to buy farmed salmon from there because I really don't know how it was farmed....but that is a whole other issue. I recommend downloading the seafood watch app for more info!

This salmon also had the skin on it, but you can ask the butcher or seafood person or whoever to skin it for you.

This is the recipe for one piece of salmon (I didn't make two because, confession time: I hate salmon. The smell makes me gag. I'm sorry).

Ingredients:

1. your choice of salmon
2. 1 tsp oil
3. lemon wedge
4. 1 small clove of garlic, minced
5. fresh dill (about a tablespoon)

The vegetables on the left are what I steamed on the side with lemon pepper. 


Set your oven to broil. (Such a high quality photo)


Add juice from a lemon wedge to a little bit of olive oil, then mix it together. 


Add in the minced garlic. 


Brush it on your salmon.


Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt on. 


And fresh dill! I LOVE FRESH DILL. Put it on your steamed broccoli, it will change your life. 
Seriously, sorry these photos are so terrible today. 


Put it right under the broiler on the highest rack and cook it for about 6-8 minutes. 

Done! You really don't want to overcook salmon and if your oven gets as absurdly hot as mine, you don't need to blast it in there. I wait til the edges get a little crispy, which is probably too much.

Enjoy!

Other options: Bread it with panko crumbs, add cajun seasoning, put the salmon directly on vegetables and broil it all together, save the extra and make salmon dip, eat the extra on a bagel with cream cheese...I could go on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment